Vacancy for Museum Executive Assistant/Administrator at the National Print Museum
The National Print Museum collects, documents, preserves, exhibits, interprets and makes accessible the material evidence of printing craft and fosters associated skills of the craft in Ireland. The Museum wishes to recruit an experienced Museum Administrator.
Reporting to the CEO, the Executive Assistant/Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the Museum.
- Providing administrative support to the CEO
- Working front of house, meeting and greeting visitors
- Recording and analysing visitor statistics and surveys
- Responding to general queries via email, phone, post, and in-person
- Tour and workshop bookings
- Database management
- File management
- Scheduling volunteers and work placement candidates
- Management of the shop including cash-handling, cash register reads, preparing bank lodgements, and stocktaking
- Ordering and managing stationary and office supplies
- Managing incoming and outgoing post
- Arranging the payment of all supplier invoices
- Management of the petty cash fund
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations
- Recording income and making bank deposits
- Administration in relation to exhibitions and project work
- Assisting with administration in relation to the Museum Standards Programme for Ireland
- Assisting with preparing paperwork for loans, acquisitions etc.
- Assisting with the documentation backlog
- Assisting with marketing items such as updating the website, promoting events, arranging mail-outs (electronic and postal)
- Other assisted duties
- At least three years administration experience (museum or arts administration preferable)
- Customer service
- IT literacy, excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (all packages)
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Punctuality and reliability
- A relevant third level qualification
- Interest and experience in the arts, heritage and museum sector
This is a 12 month contract subject to the successful completion of a three-month probationary period. This is a part-time position requiring the successful candidate to work 3 days per week. Payment will be €10 per hour. The National Print Museum is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Please forward a covering letter and CV, containing names and contact information for two referees, marked Museum Administrator Post to:
National Print Museum
Or by email to email@example.com
Closing date is 5 p.m. on Friday 17 March.
Interviews will be held the week of 27 March.